The village of Monteriggioni, in Tuscany, can undoubtedly be considered one of the most beautiful in Italy. With its squares, narrow streets, towers and walls it allows you to take a step back in time to the medieval period.
It is one of the most appreciated and visited villages in all of Tuscany and, below, we like to recommend some paths and itineraries that you can decide to do during a visit or a stay of several days in Monteriggioni, the gate to the Middle Ages.
- Ring of the Castle / The path that crosses the town of Monteriggioni and goes up to the slopes of the Montagnola, offers unusual views of the Castle and the Casone plain.
- Via Francigena / Ancient pilgrimage route to the tomb of St. Peter in Rome, the Via Francigena has been the protagonist for some years of a strong relaunch, worthy of the historical and cultural importance it had for centuries.
- History and memory loop / This is certainly the most intense itinerary, both from a hiking and cultural point of view.
- Nature loop / Quite short and pleasant loop itinerary that takes place in the northwestern area of the mound overlooking the Val d’Elsa.
- The great crossing / Itinerary of great environmental, naturalistic and historical interest.
- Ring of mushroom farm / The itinerary develops completely on the south-east side, overlooking the Pian del Lago.
- The hermitage and the disappeared lake / Itinerary of great historical and religious interest.
Scopri come pubblicare un ARTICOLO che parla della tua attività, oppure come pubblicare un TUO EVENTO
Inotre, se ti va, puoi supportare il lavoro della redazione di Viaggiando Italia, aiutaci a promuovere il territorio! Dai il tuo supporto