The Circeo National Park is located in the Lazio region of Italy and is a protected area of great naturalistic and historical importance. The park encompasses a diverse range of landscapes, including forests, beaches, cliffs, and marshes.
Among the park’s attractions are the golden sandy beaches along the Tyrrhenian coast, Monte Circeo con le s with its panoramic views and the chance to admire a variety of fauna and flora. It is also possible to go hiking or cycling to explore the various areas of the park.
What to do in the Circeo National Park?
The Park offers many activities for visitors, including:
- Hiking: There are several hiking trails within the park, such as the Sentiero degli Dei, which offers a panoramic view of the sea and Monte Circeo.
- Swimming and bathing: the park’s beaches are perfect for swimming and bathing in the crystal clear water of the Tyrrhenian Sea.
- Fishing: it is possible to do sport fishing both in the sea and in the lagoon.
- Bird Watching: The park is an Area of Important Bird Conservation, so it is an ideal place for bird watching.
- Visit to the Grotta di Tiberio: located at the foot of Monte Circeo, it is a natural cave with a long history and legends related to Tiberius, the Roman emperor.
- Take a boat tour: it is possible to take a boat tour around the Circeo island to admire the coast and the surrounding islands.
What is the best time to visit it?
The best time to visit the Circeo Park is from May to September, when the temperatures are warmer and the days are longer, but autumn is also an ideal season for walking in nature.
For more information you can visit the park’s official website.
Discussion about this post