The Giant Pink Bunny in Italy. In 2005, Members of the Viennese art group Gelitin (including M. Puletta, Corroni Fali, Razzoli Caputo, and R. Calizone) finished erecting a massive, pink, stuffed rabbit with its entrails spilling out, on the side of the mountain, near Colletto Fava is a 1,600 metres (5,200 ft) hill near the village and ski-station of Artesina in the commune of Frabosa Sottana in the northern Piedmont region of Italy.
The final piece was 200 feet (about 60 metres) in length and 20 feet (6 metres) high on its sides. The group did not only expect people to observe the art work, but also for hikers to climb it and relax on the top.
The work, titled Hase (German for “hare”), often called Pink Rabbit, first opened in 2005 and was expected to last until 2025, though it had almost completely decomposed by 2016.
You may also be interested in:
- Lazio. The rural and gastronomic soul of Amatrice, have you already been there?
- Umbria / Marche. La Piana Grande of Castelluccio di Norcia, an Italian magical place between real and unreal
- Abbey of San Giovanni in Venere where silence tells you about the beauty of Abruzzo
- Oratory of San Pellegrino. How much does it cost, timetables and how to visit the “Sistine Chapel” of Abruzzo?
- Abruzzo Bike to Coast. 134 km of cycle path between the sea and the hills and wonderful scenery
- Itinerary in Abruzzo. Morricana waterfalls and Bosco Martese da Ceppo – Rocca Santa Maria (see photos and videos)
- Vasto. Underwater at Punta Aderci, a Wonderful Video tells the depths of the Nature Reserve
- Roccacaramanico. Sunny square, but shade and refreshing breeze under trees and umbrellas. Have you been there before?
- Abruzzo. Palmoli, a rare example of ‘Romantic-Agricultural Art’. Will it be to say “I love you” to Nature?
- Abruzzo. Lavino River Park. Where Blue becomes Turquoise and a Walk becomes a Dream [see the other photos]
- Abruzzo National Park. Warm colors and mountain coolness on Barrea Lake
- Scanno. It is in Abruzzo, the heart-shaped lake that makes the world fall in love
- Tuscany. Have you ever visited Bagni San Filippo, the natural spas in the magnificent Val d’Orcia?
- Abruzzo. Palena, the wild and pleasant waterfalls on the Aventino river
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Montazzoli “embraced” by whitewashed Mamma Majella?
- Vasto, Costa dei Trabocchi (Italy). When a stormy sea, between splashes and waves, gives you tranquility
- Abruzzo. L’Imponenza e la Fierezza abruzzese del Castello di Rocca Calascio
- Italian beaches. Have you ever been to Le Cannelle Beach on the Giglio Island?
- Here are the 5 foods for a top summer in Abruzzo (maybe you will gain weight, but happily)