Mottagrossa beach in Vasto is a pebble beach with a mixed stony-sandy bottom, about 2 kilometers long. It extends along the Adriatic coast in the locality of the Punta Aderci nature reserve, north of the city.
The beach is very busy during the summer season due to its wild nature and lack of services. It is ideal for those looking for a peaceful and relaxing beach holiday. It is interesting also for those who want to enjoy water activities such as swimming, snorkelling and windsurfing. We remind you that services are totally absent on the Mottagrossa beach.
What is the best time to visit Mottagrossa beach?
The best time to visit the beach is during the summer season, from June to September, when the temperatures are warm and the sea water is warm. But even spring can be a good time to admire nature reborn after the cold winter.
What to visit nearby?
In the nearby of Mottagrossa beach in Vasto there are many tourist attractions to visit. Some of the main ones are:
- The city of Vasto. Located a few kilometers from the beach, the city of Vasto offers a number of historical and cultural attractions, including the Aragonese Castle and the Cathedral of Santa Maria Maggiore.
- Punta Aderci Natural Park. A protected area located a few kilometers south of Vasto, which offers a variety of natural landscapes and a wide range of outdoor activities, such as hiking, cycling and bird watching.
- Abbey of San Giovanni in Venere. Located a few kilometers north of Vasto, in the municipality of Fossacesia. This 12th-century Benedictine abbey offers panoramic views of the Adriatic coast and houses a number of artworks and historic relics.
- The Civic Museum of Vasto, where you can admire archaeological finds, works of art, documents and objects that bear witness to the history and culture of Vasto.
- Palazzo d’Avalos, a historic building from the 16th century, home to the Pinacoteca and the Civic Museum, where it is possible to admire works of art from the 16th and 17th centuries.
- The small tourist port of Vasto, where it is possible to take boat trips along the coast and see the beauty of the coastal landscape from the sea.
Discussion about this post