During a holiday in Tuscany, preferring natural and bucolic landscapes, a horse ride through the Tuscan scenery cannot be missed. There are several stables in Tuscany that organize horse riding excursions for both adults and children. But also riding lessons and activities for children in a setting of unique beauty in contexts far from the usual tourist routes.
Riding in the Tuscan hills, between San Gimignano and Volterra, can be an exciting experience. Here are some moments you could experience:
- Admire the breathtaking views of the Tuscan countryside overlooking the hills and historic villages.
- Pass through the small countryside villages and say hello to the locals working in the fields.
- Meet other horses and riders along the way, exchange greetings and enjoy the company.
- Take a break to eat a sandwich or an ice cream in a small local cafe and enjoy the peace and quiet of the countryside.
- Listen to the sound of the horse’s hooves that resound along the dirt roads and feel part of the nature and history of Tuscany.
These are just a few examples of exciting moments that you could experience during a horse ride in Tuscany between San Gimignano and Volterra.
An itinerary that we recommend in this short article is the one that unites the city of Volterra, also famous for its Roman theater, with that of San Gimignano. Volterra and San Gimignano are two symbolic villages of the splendid Tuscan countryside. You will be able to ride away from the “modern”, paved or beaten roads, discovering the soft hills of Montaione, which are located between San Gimignano and Volterra.
To find the stables in Tuscany for an unforgettable horse ride, you can do this search on the internet.
Discussion about this post