The co-cathedral basilica of San Pelino is the cathedral of Corfinio and co-cathedral of the diocese of Sulmona-Valva. The ancient Corfinium took the name of Valva in the Lombard era; it then became Pentima, to definitively assume the name of Corfinio in 1928, in memory of the ancient Italian city. The Corfinio complex consists of the church of San Pelino and the oratory of Sant’Alessandro, declared a national monument in 1902.
The facade consists of two distinct parts and built in different times. The lower part consists of two blind arches and a central portal decorated with friezes and volutes, flanked by two pilasters and surmounted by a lunette. The upper part is devoid of any decorative element. A secondary portal opens on the left side of the church.
The interior of the church has three naves marked by pillars that support pointed arches and with a transept preceded by a triumphal and round arch. The central nave ends with an apse (finished in the thirteenth century), while two other apses are located in the external parts of the transept.