Bivona in Italy is a town of 3 442 inhabitants of the free municipal consortium of Agrigento in Sicily, surrounded by the Sicani mountains. Between the fifteenth and sixteenth centuries it was one of the major feudal centers of Sicily and the first to be elevated to a duchy (by Charles V, in 1554, the year in which the emperor himself conferred the title of city on the country). There is attested one of the oldest cults of Santa Rosalia of which there is certain information.
The locality is known for the cultivation of fishing and is home, together with Palazzo Adriano, of the Parco dei Monti Sicani. See more. Photo by Salvatore Giallombardo from Bivona, Italy – Pano Bivona. Join Viaggiando Italia (official group) to see more photos and to send yours.