Rocchetta Mattei Grizzana Morandi is located in the Reno Valley, on the Tuscan-Emilian Apennines. It is a unique fairytale castle due to the combination of different styles and the labyrinth of interconnected rooms, courtyards, passages, stairways, arches, painted vaults and towers.
Its architecture is closely connected with the fascinating history of Count Cesare Mattei who chose this place with the specific intent of making his fortress the cradle of the practice that takes the name of electro homeopathy.
The structure of the castle among the most particular Castles of Emilia Romagna was modified several times by Count Mattei during his life, making it a labyrinth of towers, monumental stairways, reception rooms, private rooms that recall different styles, from the Neo-medieval to the Moorish to the Liberty.
The decorative references to buildings such as the Alhambra in Granada for the Courtyard of the Lions and the Great Mosque of Cordoba for the chapel where Count Mattei is buried are evident. For more information visit the official website.
How much does it cost to visit the Castle?
- Full € 10
- Children from 6 to 12 years € 5.00
- Disabled people € 5.00
- Metropolitan Museums Card holders € 7.00
- Reduced for those arriving by train (showing the ticket at the cash desk) € 7.00
How to book a view of the Castle?
Per prenotare la tua visita al Castello puoi contattare direttamente la Rocchetta Mattei al tel. 3661433941 oppure consultando il sito www.rocchetta-mattei.it oppure il Comune di Grizzana Morandi al telefono 0516730331.
To book your visit to the Castle you can contact Rocchetta Mattei directly at +39 3661433941 or by consulting the website www.rocchetta-mattei.it or the Municipality of Grizzana Morandi on the phone +39 0516730331.
How to reach the Rocchetta?
Rocchetta Mattei is located in Via Ponte Rocchetta 46A, riola, 40030, Grizzana Morandi (BO).
You may also be interested in:
- Umbria. How to reach the Menotre waterfalls? Place of departure, times and tips
- Castle of Roccascalegna: the right place for an authentic medieval experience in Abruzzo
- Abruzzo, Italy. Do you know Pacentro, the medieval village with its wonderful “intrigue of alleyways”?
- Arte. Giorgio Morandi e i suoi “Oggetti d’autore”, un interessante omaggio all’artista