Are you a lover of spas and relax that they give you? Well, then you should visit the Terme di Petriolo (also called Bagni di Petriolo) located in the Ombrone Valley, in Tuscany, along the course of the Farma river, between the two municipalities of Monticiano and Civitella Paganico, among the provinces of Siena and Grosseto.
Those of Petriolo are very ancient spas, they were already known in the Roman times and this is attested both in a prayer of Cicero and in an epigram of Marziale even if the name dates back to the thirteenth century. In addition, remains of both Etruscan and Roman times have been found near the Baths.
What are the characteristics of the Petriolo Spas?
These spas, along a stretch of the Farma river, have waters that flow at a constant temperature of 43 ° C and are characterized by the presence of hydrogen sulfide, with a sulphurometric concentration of 21 milligrams per liter. Free carbon dioxide, calcium, fluorine and chloride, sulphate and hydrogen carbonate ions are also present. The presence of these substances means that these waters are classified as sulfhydric, salso-sulphate-bicarbonate-alkaline earth-hyperthermal.
How can you use these spas?
The thermal springs of Petriolo are available for free and with payment in the well-equipped spas with associated hotel facilities.
Photo © Raimond Spekking, via Wikimedia Commons
You could be also interested in:
- Vasto, Costa dei Trabocchi (Italy). When a stormy sea, between splashes and waves, gives you tranquility
- Abruzzo, Italy. Do you know Pacentro, the medieval village with its wonderful “intrigue of alleyways”?
- Abruzzo. Gran Sasso, Lake Pietranzoni. Which music would you play as a soundtrack for this emotion?
- Conosci le Terme Libere di Petriolo già frequentate in epoca romana?
- Tuscany. Have you ever visited the Galleria dell’Accademia in Florence?
- Vasto, Italy. “A Look Through My Eyes”, an exciting video dedicated to the city by Massimiliano Uva
- 13th Italian Salame Championship 2018: Ventricine Racciatti from Furci (Ch) on the podium with Ventricina and Liver Salami.
- Abruzzo. Michelle Pfeiffer with a magnetic glance on the Castle of Rocca Calascio
- Abruzzo. Sulmona is the City of Confetti. Have you ever bought them in typical shops?
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Goriano Sicoli, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy?
- Vasto, Abruzzo (Italy). This is our dream sea with the clean water all for you
- Sweeties from Abruzzo. Mostacciolo of Scanno and Sfogliatella of Villalfonsina. Which one can’t you resist?
- Abruzzo, Italy. Have you ever tasted “Sise delle Monache” (Nun’s tits) a typical sweet made in Guardiagrele?
- [Video] Tuscany. Do you know Terme di Saturnia (Saturnia’s thermal baths) famous all over the world?
- Abruzzo. Wild horses in the snow-covered peace of Campo Imperatore like in a Federico Fellini’s movie
- [VIDEO] Abruzzo, Italy. Rocca Calascio (Fortress of Calascio) told by the journalist Alberto Angela
- Umbria / Marche. La Piana Grande of Castelluccio di Norcia, an Italian magical place between real and unreal
- Itinerary in Abruzzo. Barrea – Scanno – Path of the Heart – Lake: have you already done it?
Discussion about this post