How to visit the dome of St. Peter? In this article you will know the information that will be useful for organizing a climb to the top of the “Cupolone”, from which you can admire the beauty of Rome and enjoy a breathtaking view.
If you have planned to visit St. Peter’s Dome, you must know that you must first pass the metal detector checks for entry into the Basilica. On days with the greatest tourist influx, the queue could be particularly long.
Once you have passed the checks, you can decide to visit the Basilica (for free), or take a second row to access the Dome. Below you will know the information you need.
How to visit the dome of St. Peter?
- You can take the elevator up to the terrace level and then walk the remaining 320 steps.
- You can walk up all the way by climbing all 551 steps.
How much does it cost to go up to the Dome?
- Going up the elevator and climbing the 320 steps costs € 10
- To go up completely on foot 551 costs 8 €
- Reductions are possible for schools by presenting a certificate from the Institute with the list of participants at the cash desk, in this case the cost is € 5
At what times is it possible to visit the dome?
- Winter period from 1st October to 31st March, from 07.30 to 17.00
- Summer period, from 1st April to 30th September from 07.30 to 18.00
You may also be interested in:
- Eventi in Abruzzo. Irish Sailor Fest: St. Patrick Festival
- Rome. How to visit the Municipal Rose Garden, one of the most romantic places in the Capital?
- Rome. Colors, brightness, peaceful. Have you ever visited Santa Maria in Trastevere?
- Il Volo tributes Ennio Morricone in a Concert in Rome on 2021
- How to visit Lake Braies? By bicycle, on foot, by car, shuttle bus and useful tips