The Menotre river – which originates from the sources of the Favuella ditch, at 800 m asl and of Monte Mareggia – is considered a high hill watercourse and its course develops in the mountainous area of the Foliglio area.
Near the town of Rasiglia, the Menotre is enriched by various tributary waters and begins its run in the valley, enlarging the size of its water bed.
When the river reaches the territory of Pale di Foligno it begins its series of suggestive and “sonorous” waterfalls towards the valley below enriched by thick vegetation
How to get to the Menotre waterfalls?
If you have little desire to walk, you can get to the Altolina di Menotre car park and proceed on foot and in a few minutes you will arrive at the falls.
You may also be interested in:
- Umbria. Come raggiungere le Cascate del Menotre? Luogo di Partenza, tempi e suggerimenti
- Puglia. [Video] Monopoli dal Cielo: “Little Paradise”, un Drone racconta la Perla sul Mare
- The 6 wonderful waterfalls in Abruzzo that we recommend to visit in 2020
- Italy. How to visit the Monte Gelato waterfalls? Directions and costs
- How to make Spaghetti alla Chitarra? (with video and combinations)