It is the Garden of Ninfa, in Lazio, an enchanted place where history and nature have coexisted for a century. It is an open-air museum, the Garden of Ninfa, where the ruins of the ancient medieval city, the over a thousand varieties of plants arrived here from all over the world coexist in perfect symbiosis.
The story of Ninfa starts again in 1920 when at the tolling of a bell made from a bullet from the Great War, the workers of the Caetani family, owners of these lands, planted the first trees.
It is the beginning of a great dream, a paradise of biodiversity, where ornamental cherry and apple trees bloom in spring, surrounded by magnolias, birches, maples and gigantic bamboo plants.
You may also be interested in:
- Photo. The bridge over the sea of Vasto, a place of peace, tranquility and “Will you marry me?”
- Rome. How to visit the Municipal Rose Garden, one of the most romantic places in the Capital?
- Come fare per visitare il Giardino di Ninfa? Orari, prezzi, come prenotare
- Via Verde. By bike on the Trabocchi Coast. A dream is becoming reality (see all the photos)
- How to visit the Bardini Garden in Florence? Hours, costs and how to get there