How to prepare Limoncello? Who doesn’t know Limoncello, the famous liqueur made by macerating the peel of lemons strictly from Campania? In fact, to obtain the original limoncello (for which we write the recipe below), the typical lemons of the Amalfi Coast are strictly used, such as the Oval of Sorrento or the Sfusato Amalfitano.
Here is the simple recipe to prepare your Limoncello at home
What are the ingredients to prepare Limoncello?
- 8 lemons
- 1 liter of alcohol
- 1 liter of cold water
- 800 grams of sugar
What is the procedure we recommend you follow?
- Wash the lemons with running water, thoroughly cleaning the peel.
- Dry the lemons
- With a knife or, better still, with a potato peeler, peel the lemons, taking care to take only the yellow part and leaving out the white one which would give the final product a bitter taste.
- Pour the lemon rinds into an airtight jar
- Add the alcohol to the jar
- close the jar and let it macerate for about 28 days away from heat sources and in a dark environment such as a cellar.
- After this time, resume the barter and dedicate yourself to the preparation of the syrup.
- in a container to put on the fire, pour the water and sugar, bring everything to a boil
- turn off the heat and let the syrup cool.
- add the syrup to the jar in which you put the lemon peels to macerate
- close and shake the jar well
- let it rest for about a month and a half always in the place where you had previously macerated the skins
- after this time, take the jar back, shake it well.
- Filter everything with a colander and place the limoncello in a bottle ready to be served
How to best enjoy Limoncello?
The best way to drink Limoncello is to consume it very cold, even better if the glasses have been in the freezer for a while so that they are frozen.
You may also be interested in:
- How to make Caggionetti? An ancient recipe that passes from generation to generation
- Food. Original recipe of tomato bruschetta with oil, garlic and basil
- Abruzzo. Have you ever been in Campo di Giove, the village perched between peaks and gorges?
- How to make baked Italian sausage? Here is the simple and succulent recipe