This church is characterized by a Romanesque-inspired facade (13th century) in 1902 it was declared a national monument.
It was restored following the damage of the Second World War. The interior of the church is the result of the reconstruction of 1954 after the extensive damage suffered. However, the post-war reconstruction tried to respect the ancient forms and style of the church.
The large mosaics on the facade and inside were made by Fausto Conti in the 1950s.
You may also be interested in
- Italy Rome. How to visit the dome of St. Peter? Prices, times, days
- 13th Italian Salame Championship 2018: Ventricine Racciatti from Furci (Ch) on the podium with Ventricina and Liver Salami.
- [Video] When Pope John Paul II visited Campo Imperatore in Abruzzo
- Umbria. The Fonti del Clitunno, where nature is transformed into Poetry and Wellness for the soul
- Abruzzo, un itinerario per tutti: Barrea, Lago, Civitella Alfedena, Forca d’Acero
Scopri la nuova sezione dedicata alle Feste e alle Sagre in tutta Italia