For sure everyone have his own good reasons, above all unconscious, to desire the pallotte cace e ove (cheese and egg balls) during a stay in Abruzzo. Farmhouses, restaurants and taverns are ready to satisfy this desire. But what could be the common reasons that make this typical Abruzzo dish one of the most requested by both residents and visiting tourists?
We believe that the main motivation is in the strong taste of its ingredients and their balance in the recipe, therefore the flavor of the cheese combined with that of the egg allows the taste buds to be receptive to the taste just put the bite in the mouth.
Another reason could be given by their texture. Soft but not too hard, firm but not too much, it is a pleasure to break them in two with a fork and see that liquid that comes out.
Finally, we think it is also the fresh tomato flavored with basil that accompanies them for good reason. In fact, who of us, eating the pallotte, has not smoked good homemade bread in the sauce until it becomes scarpetta?
The next time you taste your pallotte cace and where you remember these reasons and write us to tell us yours.
You may also be interested in:
- Abruzzo. Have you visited the thirteenth-century cloister of the Abbey of San Giovanni in Venere?
- Abruzzo. Do you know why the Bosco di Sant’Antonio (Sant’Antonio’s Woods) in Pescocostanzo is really a magical place?
- Abruzzo. Have you ever been in Campo di Giove, the village perched between peaks and gorges?
- Abruzzo. Scanno lake. A bench in the snow to appreciate the silence and kindness
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Goriano Sicoli, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy?
- Itinerary in Abruzzo. Barrea – Scanno – Path of the Heart – Lake: have you already done it?
- Lazio. Do you know Vico Lake, one of the highest in Italy?
- Abruzzo. Palmoli, a rare example of ‘Romantic-Agricultural Art’. Will it be to say “I love you” to Nature?
- Abruzzo. Borgo di Calascio, alleys between flowers, sun and relax
- Abruzzo. What to visit in Anversa degli Abruzzi, the village immersed in the Sagittario Gorges?
- Valle d’Aosta. Do you know the eclectic and fairytale Castel Savoia in Gressoney Saint Jean?
- [Video] Abruzzo. Hop on with us for a breathtaking journey on the Gran Sasso cable car
- Italian beaches. Have you ever been to Le Cannelle Beach on the Giglio Island?
- Abruzzo. One day itinerary. Stiffe caves, village of Castelli and ceramics Bominaco
- Castle of Roccascalegna: the right place for an authentic medieval experience in Abruzzo
- Schiavi di Abruzzo. Bufera di neve in paese, foto dal Rifugio dei Lupi
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Montazzoli “embraced” by whitewashed Mamma Majella?
- [Video] Arrosticini in New York. The gastronomic symbol of Abruzzo (Italy) “lands” in Christmas Markets of Bryant Park
- Here is the Pizza Dogge, the most famous post-war wedding cake in Abruzzo