Sorrento is a coastal town in the Sorrento peninsula which is located in front of the Bay of Naples, in the south-western part of Italy. Built on the cliff that separates it from its crowded marina, Sorrento is famous for its view of the sea and Piazza Tasso, studded with coffee. The historic center is a maze of narrow streets where there is the church of San Francesco, a 14th century building with a quiet cloister.
Sorrento is located in a landscape unique in the world, where sea and mountains alternate, deep valleys and citrus terraces, everyone can choose his ideal vacation between nature and silence, health and culture, sea bathing, spa treatments, nature walks and excursions to the famous neighboring towns: Naples, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Ischia, Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, etc. If you want to get to know this village, visit the site www.sorrentotourism.com
Photo by toocheesh da Pixabay . Join the Viaggiando Italia (gruppo ufficiale) to see more photos and to send yours.
You could be also be interested in:
- Abruzzo. Gran Sasso, Lake Pietranzoni. Which music would you play as a soundtrack for this emotion?
- Sharon Stone in gran segreto negli Eremi in Abruzzo per girare il nuovo film di Paolo Sorrentino
- [Video] Do you know Tuerredda Beach, the famous beach with white sand in Caribbean style?
- Campania. Conosci Sorrento, il borgo meraviglioso sulla scogliera e sul mare?
- [VIDEO] Abruzzo, Italy. Rocca Calascio (Fortress of Calascio) told by the journalist Alberto Angela
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Goriano Sicoli, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy?
- Tuscany. Have you ever visited the Galleria dell’Accademia in Florence?
- Photo. The bridge over the sea of Vasto, a place of peace, tranquility and “Will you marry me?”
- Abruzzo. Michelle Pfeiffer with a magnetic glance on the Castle of Rocca Calascio
- Abruzzo. Sulmona is the City of Confetti. Have you ever bought them in typical shops?
- Sweeties from Abruzzo. Mostacciolo of Scanno and Sfogliatella of Villalfonsina. Which one can’t you resist?
- Lombardy. Do you know Limone sul Garda, a charming seaside village with lemon houses?
- Tuscany. Have you already visited Pitigliano, the “Little Jerusalem” of Italy?
- Vasto, Costa dei Trabocchi (Italy). When a stormy sea, between splashes and waves, gives you tranquility
- [Video] Sicilia. Rabbits Beach in Lampedusa island: contemplate the beauty of the sea
- Abruzzo, Italy. Have you ever tasted “Sise delle Monache” (Nun’s tits) a typical sweet made in Guardiagrele?
- Vasto, Abruzzo (Italy). This is our dream sea with the clean water all for you
- 13th Italian Salame Championship 2018: Ventricine Racciatti from Furci (Ch) on the podium with Ventricina and Liver Salami.
- Abruzzo. Do you know why the Bosco di Sant’Antonio (Sant’Antonio’s Woods) in Pescocostanzo is really a magical place?
Discussion about this post