It is a beautiful hike in the wildest nature. The starting point of this path is Ceppo (1,334 m asl) in the immediate vicinity of a campsite. We proceed on a well-identified and flat mule track which passes internally to a beautiful beech forest of the Bosco Martese with streams and various shaded areas. This part lasts about 6 kilometers.
From this point on, the track acquires an uphill slope and the forest begins to change and becomes deeper and wilder and you can admire beeches and firs with larger dimensions. After a stream and a series of streams you will arrive in a small valley where, anticipated by the roar of the water, you can admire the wonderful Morricana waterfall. The return route is on the same route. Photo by Vanessa Di Luigi. Join Viaggiando Abruzzo (official group) to see more photos and to send yours.
You may also be interested in:
- Abruzzo. Scanno lake. A bench in the snow to appreciate the silence and kindness
- [Video] When Pope John Paul II visited Campo Imperatore in Abruzzo
- Tipical desserts. Mostaccioli di Scanno and feel the flavor of Abruzzo on your palate. Have you already tried them?
- Have you ever visited the Island of Marettimo, (perhaps) the ancient Ithaca of Ulysses?
- Abruzzo. Villa Santa Maria, the Village of Chefs and good food (Video)
- Sorgenti del Lavino, where Abruzzo becomes a fairy tale to be lived with open eyes (see all photos and videos)
- Abruzzo National Park. Warm colors and mountain coolness on Barrea Lake
- Abruzzo. Montesilvano, a look at the beach and the sea, what a paradise!
- Lazio. The rural and gastronomic soul of Amatrice, have you already been there?
- Scanno. It is in Abruzzo, the heart-shaped lake that makes the world fall in love
- Abruzzo. Palmoli, a rare example of ‘Romantic-Agricultural Art’. Will it be to say “I love you” to Nature?
- Valle d’Aosta. Do you know the eclectic and fairytale Castel Savoia in Gressoney Saint Jean?
- Vasto, Abruzzo (Italy). This is our dream sea with the clean water all for you
- Abruzzo. Alberto Angela visits the incredible landscapes and the wonders of Campo Imperatore