Campo Imperatore (“Emperor’s Field”) is a mountain grassland or alpine meadow formed by a high basin shaped plateau located above Gran Sasso massif, the largest plateau of Apennine ridge. Known as “Little Tibet”, it is located in Gran Sasso e Monti della Laga National Park, near L’Aquila, Abruzzo, Italy.
Campo Imperatore is a notable cinematographic natural set: the location has been used in more than twenty films, like The American, The Name of the Rose, Krull, Ladyhawke, Red Sonja, Il sole anche di notte, and L’Armata ritorna.
Watch here the episode relating to Alba Fucens.
You may also be interested in:
- Tuscany. Have you ever visited Bagni San Filippo, the natural spas in the magnificent Val d’Orcia?
- Abruzzo. Scanno, ecco il video storico sul magico folklore abruzzese ❤
- Abruzzo. Durante le feste natalizie, in ogni casa: “Ma che dieta! E mangiati due dolcetti!”
- Taste in Abruzzo. Why do North Americans love Pallotte Cace e Ove (cheese and egg balls)?
- Abruzzo. Have you visited the thirteenth-century cloister of the Abbey of San Giovanni in Venere?
- Abruzzo. Palmoli, a rare example of ‘Romantic-Agricultural Art’. Will it be to say “I love you” to Nature?
- Here is the Pizza Dogge, the most famous post-war wedding cake in Abruzzo
- [Video integrale] Alberto Angela e le “Meraviglie” di Alba Fucens e Rocca Calascio
- Italian beaches. Have you ever been to Le Cannelle Beach on the Giglio Island?
- Abruzzo. Modernity and the avant-garde of the Flaiano Bridge in Pescara
- Castle of Roccascalegna: the right place for an authentic medieval experience in Abruzzo
- Abruzzo. Borgo di Calascio, alleys between flowers, sun and relax
- Abruzzo. Scanno lake. A bench in the snow to appreciate the silence and kindness
- Abruzzo. The astronaut Luca Parmitano photographs the Gran Sasso mountain from Space
- Gusto in Abruzzo. Tutti i Nordamericani amano le Pallotte Cace e Ove. Sai perché?
- L’Abruzzo e gli Arrosticini pubblicizzati sui tram di Milano
- Lazio. Do you know Vico Lake, one of the highest in Italy?
- Abruzzo. Have you ever been in Campo di Giove, the village perched between peaks and gorges?
- Schiavi di Abruzzo. Bufera di neve in paese, foto dal Rifugio dei Lupi
- Abruzzo. Herd of wolves has fun in the snow in Civitella Alfedena