They are large, important, fragrant with chocolate. When you eat them you feel the taste of Abruzzo on the palate. Here in Scanno they are, together with the Pan dell’Orso, the typical dessert of the town. You can find them easily in the various village ovens or in the houses of the villagers. These are large biscuits made with chopped chocolate, cocoa, almonds and cedar and are prepared at any time of the year. They are really soft and greedy, an expression of the Abruzzo land and, once tasted, it will be difficult not to do an encore. If you want to try making them at home, here is the recipe.
You may also be interested in:
- [Video] Abruzzo. Have you ever visited the Roman bridge of Campana, the first on the Aterno river?
- Abruzzo. Villa Santa Maria, the Village of Chefs and good food (Video)
- Abruzzo. Montesilvano, a look at the beach and the sea, what a paradise!
- It is in Abruzzo, a magical path that “flows” onto the beach and the sea. You know where?
- Abruzzo. Serramonacesca, hai già visitato le Tombe Rupestri sul fiume Alento?
- Abruzzo National Park. Warm colors and mountain coolness on Barrea Lake
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Goriano Sicoli, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy?
- Lazio. The rural and gastronomic soul of Amatrice, have you already been there?
- Sweeties from Abruzzo. Mostacciolo of Scanno and Sfogliatella of Villalfonsina. Which one can’t you resist?
- Spello. Have you visited the beautiful Porta di Venere (Venus Gate)? Here’s what it was and how it is
- Abruzzo. Palena, the wild and pleasant waterfalls on the Aventino river