Scanno is a magical village where it is possible to witness scenes of life that no longer exist in most other Abruzzo and Italian countries. Life goes by slowly and according to traditions, the well-kept and well-preserved historic center becomes the stage for unconscious memories that make visiting this village of great value.
You can find yourself at the exit of an old bakery, after buying the famous and tasty mostaccioli al cioccolato (chocolate mostaccioli) and see a glimpse where a foosball table “still resists” among the recreational activities that keep both children and adults engaged, especially during the summer, they prefer to live in the open air between alleys and shops.
Photo by Oriano Biancoli. Join Viaggiando Abruzzo (gruppo ufficiale) to see more photos and to send yours.
Here photo in original size
You may also be interested in:
- Watch the new spot about Montepulciano d’Abruzzo wine live on RAI, Mediaset and La7 channels
- Marche. Have you already visited the village of Frontino with the Civic Tower from the 1300s and the Monumental Fountain?
- Abruzzo. Palmoli, a rare example of ‘Romantic-Agricultural Art’. Will it be to say “I love you” to Nature?
- Campania. Do you know Sorrento, the wonderful village on the cliff and the sea?
- Italian beaches. Have you ever been to Le Cannelle Beach on the Giglio Island?
- [Video] Do you know Tuerredda Beach, the famous beach with white sand in Caribbean style?
- Abruzzo. Borgo di Calascio, alleys between flowers, sun and relax
- Castle of Roccascalegna: the right place for an authentic medieval experience in Abruzzo
- Abruzzo. Alberto Angela visits the incredible landscapes and the wonders of Campo Imperatore
- Abruzzo. Scanno lake. A bench in the snow to appreciate the silence and kindness
- Borghi in Sicilia: 5 autentici gioielli tra cibo, mare e storia
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Montazzoli “embraced” by whitewashed Mamma Majella?
- Vasto. Underwater at Punta Aderci, a Wonderful Video tells the depths of the Nature Reserve
- Abruzzo. Modernity and the avant-garde of the Flaiano Bridge in Pescara
- Abruzzo. Wild horses in the snow-covered peace of Campo Imperatore like in a Federico Fellini’s movie
Discussion about this post