It is one of the most visited and appreciated places on the Trabocchi Coast and Abruzzo. The Abbey of San Giovanni in Venere is truly a pearl to visit. With its medieval architecture, with its crypt with thirteenth-century frescoes and the thirteenth-century cloister, it is embedded in a unique landscape context, among olive trees and vineyards, fruit trees and green meadows, viewed from one side by the Majella mountains and more from the Adriatic Sea and the Trabocchi Coast. Photo by Domenico Di Matteo. Join Viaggiando Abruzzo (gruppo ufficiale) to see more photos and to send yours.
You may also be interested in:
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Goriano Sicoli, one of the most beautiful villages in Italy?
- [Video] Arrosticini in New York. The gastronomic symbol of Abruzzo (Italy) “lands” in Christmas Markets of Bryant Park
- Abruzzo. Gran Sasso, Lake Pietranzoni. Which music would you play as a soundtrack for this emotion?
- Abruzzo. The astronaut Luca Parmitano photographs the Gran Sasso mountain from Space
- Abruzzo. Scanno lake. A bench in the snow to appreciate the silence and kindness
- Here is the Pizza Dogge, the most famous post-war wedding cake in Abruzzo
- Abruzzo. Alberto Angela visits the incredible landscapes and the wonders of Campo Imperatore
- Lazio. Do you know Vico Lake, one of the highest in Italy?
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Montazzoli “embraced” by whitewashed Mamma Majella?
- Abruzzo. Borgo di Calascio, alleys between flowers, sun and relax
- Italian beaches. Have you ever been to Le Cannelle Beach on the Giglio Island?
- Vasto. Underwater at Punta Aderci, a Wonderful Video tells the depths of the Nature Reserve
- Gusto in Abruzzo. Perché le pallotte cace e ove sono così buone?
- Sweeties from Abruzzo. Mostacciolo of Scanno and Sfogliatella of Villalfonsina. Which one can’t you resist?
- Tuscany. Have you ever visited Bagni San Filippo, the natural spas in the magnificent Val d’Orcia?
- Campania. Siete mai stati a Roscigno Vecchia, il borgo fantasma del Cilento?
- Abruzzo. What to visit in Anversa degli Abruzzi, the village immersed in the Sagittario Gorges?