To visit the monumental churches of San Pellegrino and Santa Maria Assunta it is necessary to arrive in front of the gate of the Oratory of San Pellegrino and meet the guide. If the guide is not on site, you can call the numbers you find written on the gate.
Do you need an appointment and at what times is the visit possible?
You don’t need to make an appointment and the visit can be made in the morning, between 9 and 12 and in the afternoon from 14 to 18. In winter, the closure is early at 16.00
When does the visit to the monastery complex cost?
The visit to the monastic complex is free, but it is welcome and advisable to leave an offer because the guides do not receive a salary. In addition, a € 2 coin is used to switch on the lights and to illuminate the oratory (the lights are switched on for a few minutes).
You may also be interested in:
- Piemonte. Have you ever visited Orta San Giulio with one of the most beautiful island on the lake in Italy
- Abruzzo. Do you know the village of Montazzoli “embraced” by whitewashed Mamma Majella?
- Village, water, nature, sports and entertainment … welcome to Palena, the beating heart of Majella
- [Video] The transparent and crystalline water of the Ripari di Giobbe is a miracle of nature
- Santo Stefano di Sessanio. A coffee or a glass of wine in the Piazza Medicea
- Abruzzo Bike to Coast. 134 km of cycle path between the sea and the hills and wonderful scenery
- Abbey of San Giovanni in Venere where silence tells you about the beauty of Abruzzo
- Castel del Monte. What to do, visit, eat in the “eagle’s nest” village of Abruzzo?
- Itinerary in Abruzzo. Morricana waterfalls and Bosco Martese da Ceppo – Rocca Santa Maria (see photos and videos)
- Abruzzo. One day itinerary. Stiffe caves, village of Castelli and ceramics Bominaco
- Roccacaramanico. Sunny square, but shade and refreshing breeze under trees and umbrellas. Have you been there before?
- Curiosità. Sai com’è nata la Spiaggia di Punta Penna (che prima non esisteva)?
- Tipical desserts. Mostaccioli di Scanno and feel the flavor of Abruzzo on your palate. Have you already tried them?
- Abruzzo. Have you already visited the basilica of San Pelino in Corfinio, a National Monument since 1902?
- Italy. Abruzzo, itinerary for everyone: Caporciano | Bominaco | Stiffe caves