Torre Cerrano is one of the ancient coastal towers of the Kingdom of Naples, it is located on the Adriatic coast, in the province of Teramo, between Silvi and Pineto. Torre Cerrano is one of the few examples that have remained intact of the dense network of coastal fortifications of the Kingdom of Naples, which had the function of repelling the frequent attacks by Turks and Saracens from the sea. Torre Cerrano, whose construction dates back to 1568, owes its name to the stream of the same name, which descends from the Atri hills and whose mouth is located 500 meters south of the tower, in the municipality of Silvi. For more information look at this link
You may also be interested in:
- Tuscany. Here is Monteriggioni: sun on face, trees, fragrant flowers and a medieval glimpse
- [Video] Abruzzo. The historic Bafile refuge on the rock overlooking the Corno Grande
- Abruzzo. Scanno and the foosball that “resists” in the streets of the ancient village
- [VIDEO] Abruzzo, Italy. Rocca Calascio (Fortress of Calascio) told by the journalist Alberto Angela
- [Video] Abruzzo. Have you ever visited the Roman bridge of Campana, the first on the Aterno river?
- Gusto in Abruzzo. Perché le pallotte cace e ove sono così buone?
- Typical products. Have you already tasted Brodetto di Pesce alla Vastese (fish soup), a marriage between sea and land?
- [Video integrale] Alberto Angela e le “Meraviglie” di Alba Fucens e Rocca Calascio
- L’Abruzzo e gli Arrosticini pubblicizzati sui tram di Milano
- [Video] Abruzzo. Hop on with us for a breathtaking journey on the Gran Sasso cable car
- Food in Abruzzo. Why Pallotte cace e ove (cheese and egg balls) are so tasty?
- San Giovanni in Venere. A dream Abbey on the wonderful sea in the Costa dei Trabocchi
- Abruzzo. Palmoli, a rare example of ‘Romantic-Agricultural Art’. Will it be to say “I love you” to Nature?
- Spello. Have you visited the beautiful Porta di Venere (Venus Gate)? Here’s what it was and how it is
- Abruzzo. The Church of San Pietro at the foot of the Roccascalegna Castle that looks like a painting
- Abruzzo. Scanno, ecco il video storico sul magico folklore abruzzese ❤
- Abruzzo, Italy. Do you know Pacentro, the medieval village with its wonderful “intrigue of alleyways”?
- Abruzzo. Borgo di Calascio, alleys between flowers, sun and relax
- [Video] Abruzzo. Lo storico Bivacco Bafile sulla roccia che guarda il Corno Grande
- Abruzzo. Alberto Angela visits the incredible landscapes and the wonders of Campo Imperatore
Scopri la nuova sezione dedicata alle Feste e alle Sagre in tutta Italia